CNC Haas Lathe – Set-up
Bowden Manufacturing Teammate, Arthur Biddulph, showed his Ability to Learn as he completed his first set-up operation!
The set-up of a CNC machine is a critical aspect of the machining operation. Precision, attention to detail, and advanced knowledge of the machine is required to perform the set-up correctly. The operation was done using one of our CNC Haas Lathe Machines and was a set-up for a roughing operation on a customer part.
The particular part material is a Stainless Steel Super Duplex Grade Alloy, known as Ferralium. Super duplex grade alloys consist of 25% or more Chromium, which makes the metal extremely resistant to corrosion. For this reason, this particular material is used frequently in both marine and chemical applications.
Super Duplex Alloy Characteristics:
- Twice design strength of other stainless steels.
- Wide range of corrosion resistance to match application.
- Good toughness down to minus 80 degrees Celsius.
- Particular resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
- Weldable with care in thick sections.
- More difficult to form and machine than other steel alloys.
Click here for a detailed list of Material We Currently Work With