The Bowden Internship/Co-Op Program Overview
Mechanical Engineering Students typically picture their future as an opportunity to design really cool products to do two things: help save the planet and make a bunch of money!
Unfortunately, to achieve that goal, a big area lacking is the fundamentals of how to make stuff.
That's were the Bowden Internship & Co-Op Program comes in. We get students busy making stuff, so they can develop strong fundamentals in manufacturing and learn the end-to-end process of going from drawing to production.
Three Simple Steps to Apply
Step 1: Hit the Apply Now button and upload your resume, optional cover letter, and complete the simple form.
Step 2: We'll contact you to schedule an initial tour & interview session in typical business attire. We want you to see our shop floor and the tour/interview process is a benefit to any student interested in Engineering.
Step 3: A second interview follows in jeans and a t-shirt that's ok to get dirty, as we get you running a few machines to get a realistic idea of how it will feel to be in our shop working with our Team.
Criteria to Apply
Major(s): All Engineering Majors are welcome to apply (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
GPA Desired: 3.0 + on a 4.0 scale.
Compensation: Paid position starting at $13.00/hr.
Start Dates: Resumes are accepted anytime. Typical slots are by semester - January (Spring semester), May/June (Summer semester) and August/September (Fall semester). Actual start dates are flexible based on the educational institution’s academic calendar.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors.
- Must be a US Citizen (due to our Department of Defense projects)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand upright for a period of up to 4 hours.
- Ability to work in up to 90F conditions in shop floor environment during the summer season.
- Leadership experience or involvement in extracurricular activities is preferred.
- Reliable mode of transportation is preferred.