About The Bowden Internship Program
What differentiates Bowden’s internship program from others in Northeast Ohio and specifically within the manufacturing industry is our approach to teaching individuals to think and behave like business professionals while supporting one’s career progression through a self-directed, rotational training curriculum. This intensive internship program offers an excellent opportunity for college students to gain valuable real-world experience in their college career field, especially in the disciplines of business and engineering.
In 2011, Bowden Manufacturing was recognized by the Northeast Ohio Council of Higher Education (NOCHE) and Cleveland Business Connects through the Expys Best Internship Awards as offering one of the area’s most effective and influential internship and co-op programs.
Criteria For Becoming An Intern
We are seeking Business Management Intern(s) with enthusiasm for the manufacturing industry and desire to add value to the Bowden team. When expanding our team, we are looking for individuals that would be a strong cultural fit, as measured by our thirteen desired teammate qualities.
Start Date: Resumes are accepted throughout the course of the year for January (spring semester), June (summer semester) and September (fall semester) placements. Actual start dates are flexible based on the educational institution’s academic calendar.
Major(s) Requested: All Business Majors including Entrepreneurship & Engineering (Industrial & Systems Engineering and Mechanical Engineering majors are preferred).
GPA Desired: 3.0 + on a 4.0 scale
Compensation: Paid internship starting at $9.00/hr. Final compensation offer will consider relevant work experience, years of education, and academic focus.
Job Requirements: Prior relevant experience is preferred but not required.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate juniors, seniors, or MBA candidates.
- Leadership experience or involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Must possess strong customer orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand upright for a period of up to 4 hours.
- Ability to work in up to 90F conditions in shop floor environment during the summer season.
- Must have reliable transportation. Accounting specific must have completed or be registered for introductory Financial Accounting & Managerial Accounting courses.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org